Thursday, October 21, 2010

This Month's Feature: Apple Strudel Muffins by Jennifer Samuels


This month's feature is Apple Strudel Muffins. "These are amazing! Moist and delicious," Jennifer wrote in her email to me. 

I make an Apple Cake with Caramel Topping that is popular with my family so when I read the ingredients for this recipe I knew right away it was right up my alley. I have bookmarked this marvelous muffin and hope to make it soon.

Jennifer and I have been friends for about 18 years now. I remember the first day I met her in 5th grade on the playground of Oxford Elementary. She was new in town and had the prettiest french braid that I still remember so vividly. We remained friends from grade school  through college. Today we are no longer living in the same town, but we are still very close friends. She is married to Joshua Samuels, who joined our social group senior year of high school. There was Caitlin, Ginny, Jennifer, Me, AND Josh. Poor Josh :) Jennifer and Josh have two beautiful children, Charlie and Lorelei.

Charlie was supposed to pretend to eat the muffin for the picture but he really took a bite. So cute! 

Ingredients:
2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 C butter
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
3 apples, peeled (1-shredded and 2 chopped)(I used Galas)
1/2 C cinnamon chips-I've never heard of these, so I just put some white chocolate chips

Topping
(omitted by Jennifer)
1/3 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter

Directions:
Mix the first 6 ingredients. Then in a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, then slowly add the flour mixture. Add the apples and chips and stir gently just until combined. It will be really thick. Scoop into greased muffin pan. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients: brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like course crumbs. Sprinkle topping over tops of mixture in muffin pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment