Thursday, April 21, 2011

Apple Strudel Muffins


Love, Love, Loved them! Warm and soft on the inside with a crunchy crumbly top! If you like apples, and cinnamon, and white chocolate then you will love this muffin! I already had one with tea, one for breakfast, and one for lunch. The recipe makes 12 perfect muffins. My friend Jennifer recommended this recipe and actually a few months ago I featured her and this recipe in the section of my blog called "Monthly Feature." See her post here. I am a few  months behind, so if you have a recipe that you would like to share, please let me know and I will feature you next! Until then, make this muffin the next chance you get. You will love it!


Ingredients:
2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
3 apples, peeled (1-shredded Green and 2-chopped Gala)
1/2 C white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)

Topping
1/3 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter (I used salted)

Directions:
In one bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

In another bowl, beat butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, then slowly add to the flour mixture. Add the apples and chocolate chips and stir gently just until combined. It will be really thick. Scoop into greased or paper lined muffin pan.

In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients: brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is like course crumbs. Sprinkle topping over tops of mixture in muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Source: adapted from Your Homebased Mom
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment