Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Collard Greens


I am trying to be more of a green eater. I love broccoli and asparagus but there is just so much asparagus that one can eat if you know what I mean. I tried kale in pasta a few months back and it was really good. Spinach is spinach. I prefer it raw in a salad rather than sauteed. So I chose to try collard greens this week and it was delicious!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch collard greens
1/2 an onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
smoked beef sausage, cut in small cubes
salt
black pepper
nutmeg

Directions:
Wash the leaves thoroughly then pat dry. Remove the tough stems that run down the center. Stack a few leaves on top of each other. Roll and cut into thin strips.

Heat a large saute pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the diced onion. Cook for a few minutes then add the sausage and minced garlic. Brown the sausage then add the chopped collard greens and season with salt, black pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg. Stir all together with tongs. Cover with a lid and let cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until wilted, stirring occasionally.


Source: adapted from skinnytaste
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment