Monday, August 29, 2011

Orange Creamsicle Cookies


These are very soft cookies and are very good if you like orange and white chocolate AND if you love butter! 2 sticks was a bit too much and I knew better but I did it anyway. I think 1 and a 1/2 would have been just fine and if I get around to making these again, I will definitely reduce the butter to that amount. I ended up with 18 pretty large cookies with centers that seriously melt in your mouth. I plan to share so that I am not tempted to eat them all. :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Zest of 2 oranges
1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until thoroughly incorporated. Gradually beat in flour mixture, being careful not to over-mix. Lastly, mix in orange zest and white chocolate chips.

Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls (Don’t worry about smoothing them. They are better roughly shaped so that you can actually see the white chocolate chips poking out of the dough.) I baked 6 at a  time. 

Bake for 8 minutes only. (They will be golden around the edges).

Source: ABitchinKitchen

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment