Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins


I searched for days for the perfect non-greasy cornbread recipe. I gathered notes from here and there and asked friends who directed me to many wonderful recipes, thanks.  Finally I incorporated my mom's recipe with what I thought would work best. And sure enough, I am proud to say that this is the best cornbread and exactly what I was hoping for. It is not greasy at all, yay! It is light and very fluffy on the inside. My mom makes this same recipe but with broccoli and it is so good. Stick to the basic recipe and add any additional ingredients such as jalapeno, green onions, broccoli, or even corn. 

Ingredients:

basic cornbread recipe:
7.5 oz. Martha White Yellow Corn Muffin Mix
3 tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tbsp milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

additions:
2 green onions, sliced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced



Directions:
Melt the butter. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the sour cream, eggs, and milk, Whisk. Add the corn muffin mix. Stir to combine. Do not over mix. Fold in the green onions, jalapeno, and cheddar cheese. 

Spray a muffin tin lightly with cooking spray. Fill all 6 cups to the very top. Garnish with jalapeno rings. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until golden. 



Source: My Mom
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment