Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snickerdoodle Cookies

 

Why these cookies are called Snickerdoodles, I don't know! They were pretty good though.  Soft and cake-like on the inside. I will note to be cautious with the amount of  baking soda and cream of tarter that you use. I don't think that I was too careful leveling off the spoons and because of that might have added a bit more than I should have which resulted in them being a bit acidic, or maybe not, I don't really know. I suggest to use a little bit less than the required amount or just measure carefully. They still tasted good so maybe I just made that up because I really wanted to bake chocolate chip cookies and didn't have the chocolate chips.   

 Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups plus 4 tbsp sugar, divided
2 eggs
2 tsp cinnamon

 Directions:
Preheat oven to 350˚F.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.  Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the 1 1/2 cups sugar and butter until fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time.Slowly stir in the flour mixture.  Form dough into balls.  In a plate, combine the 4 tbsp sugar with the cinnamon. 

Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon and sugar mixture, then place on baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. The cookies will flatten as they bake and set as they cool.


 

Source: Pennies on a Platter
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment