Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blueberry and Peach Cobbler


For years I have had this amazing cobbler with all sorts of fruit combinations, blueberry and peach just being one of them. A big thanks to Mona and Shahira for bringing it to our dinner parties which I miss so much being far from home. So about year ago I decided to make it myself. Of course it wasn't the same. And it wasn't even good. Mine always turned out like a rock and I couldn't understand how I could have messed it up when the batter was just 5 basic ingredients. Just yesterday while talking to Mona I found out why! All this time I have been using white corn meal instead of the white corn meal MIX which has the baking powder and salt ect. Last night's cobbler was soooooo good thank goodness. Finally, right? Now when I crave cobbler, I know how to make it. But how about when I crave my family and friends, is there a recipe for that???

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup milk (I use Almond milk)
1 cup flour (I use Almond flour)
1 cup white corn meal MIX
3/4 cup sugar
a pinch of salt
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
fruit (I used frozen blueberries and peaches)



Directions:
Mix flour, corn meal, and sugar. Add the melted butter and milk. Pour a small amount of the batter in a buttered pyrex. Layer the fruit (blueberries, peaches, blueberries).


Add the rest of the batter on top of the fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
(the ice cream is melting fast)



Source: Mona Elsohly
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment