Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips


I received this recipe from my friend Jennifer. We share recipes quite often. I thought this  would be good to have for breakfast with my cup of coffee so I made it on Sunday and today is Tuesday and there is just enough left for tomorrow. This is one of many that doesn't make it until the end of the week. You will love this bread. It is so easy to make and incredibly moist. I added Hersey's chocolate chips to it for an extra flavor and I can't imagine it better any other way. Yum!

Ingredients:
makes 1 loaf
1 cup sugar ( I used 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 can pumpkin puree

1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups flour
* 1/4 cup Hersey's chocolate chips

Directions:
Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree until well blended. Add the dry ingredients (baking powder through flour.) Mix until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Grease and flour a loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment